Need a Crown? It May Take Only One Visit!
In the past, getting a dental crown involved a two- to three-week process as well as more than one trip to the dentist’s office. Today, CEREC technology is available, which means, you can be fitted with a beautiful, permanent restoration in just one visit to the dentist!
If you are in need of a dental crown, ask your Midwest City, OK dentist about CEREC crowns.
How Does CEREC Work?
CEREC crowns are done with CAD/CAM technology, which takes an image of the tooth structure and fabricates a permanent crown restoration while you wait. You can say goodbye to goopy, unpleasant impressions, as well as multiple dental appointments.
What Does CEREC Mean?
CEREC is an acronym that stands for:
- Chairside—crowns are made while patients wait
- Economical—there is no fabrication lab to serve as “middleman”
- Restoration—these effective restorations mean chewing is comfortable again
- Esthetic—CEREC look natural
- Ceramic—no metal is used for these crowns
Benefits of CEREC Dental Crowns
Of course, convenience is one of the most important benefits of a CEREC dental crown because the impression and the crown are made in one appointment. There are others as well, including:
- CAD/CAM technology eliminates the need for messy impressions
- CEREC eliminates the need for wearing a temporary crown while you wait for your permanent crown to be made
- CEREC crowns will match your tooth better than crowns fabricated in the lab
- CEREC crowns are ceramic, which means there is no black, telltale line around the bottom of your crown as with traditional crowns
- CEREC crowns are designed and fitted while you sit in the dental chair so it is easily adjusted before you leave the office
- CEREC crowns are stronger than traditional dental crowns
Call Us to Find Out More About CEREC Dental Crowns
Getting dental crowns in Midwest City, OK is a breeze with CEREC. Find out more today!