Is a dental bridge a good option for tooth replacement?
Having an attractive smile is important, but if you are missing a tooth, you might have realized that it goes much further than appearances. When you are missing one tooth, your remaining teeth tend to shift to fill in the space left behind. This can compromise your bite as well as the health of your remaining teeth.
If dental implants are not right for you, a dental bridge is an excellent option for tooth replacement. Not only will a dental bridge restore your ability to chew properly, but it will protect the health of your remaining teeth.
Some of the advantages of dental bridges include:
- They are less expensive than other tooth replacement options such as dental implants
- They are designed today to look and function very naturally
Some of the disadvantages of dental bridges include:
- They are less durable than dental implants
- They are not as easy to care for as dental implants
- You will need to prepare the teeth on either side of the gap in your mouth to receive the crowns that will hold the bridge, meaning that teeth that may be perfectly healthy will have to be shaved down to make room for the crowns
A dental bridge might be an excellent solution for the gap in your teeth, and it’s crucial not to let the space go—even if it is not visible because it is in the back of your mouth. For more information about getting a dental bridge, we invite you to contact our Midwest City, OK practice. Call us today!