What should I expect at my first visit?
At your first visit to our Del City, OK dentist Dr. Brett Amaya, you can expect to spend up to two hours with us.
Your first examination with us will be thorough—especially if it’s been a while since you have last visited the dentist. If you have insurance, the majority of the items we’ll take care of will be covered. These include:
- A complete medical and dental history.
- An examination of the head and neck, checking for signs of oral cancer.
- A dental examination that includes a thorough assessment of your gums to ensure they are healthy. We’ll also check how your upper and lower teeth meet (our “bite”). The exam will also look for signs of tooth decay and failing restorations, such as fillings and crowns.
- A full set of dental x-rays, which we generally recommend on a yearly basis.
- A dental cleaning performed by one of our hygienists. We’ll take care of plaque and tartar removal, polish your teeth, and floss them thoroughly. If you have questions about practicing good oral care at home, this is a good time to bring those up.
Be sure to bring along:
- Insurance card, if applicable
- Payment method for treatment
- X-rays, if you have them from an appointment with a previous dentist
- A list of questions
This patient likes to come to Diamond Dental because "it's a friendly environment...and they just make you feel comfortable". Read More