What are some signs of a dental emergency?
When you are dealing with a dental issue, it is often difficult to tell whether or not your condition is severe enough to make an urgent trip to the dentist. While you don’t want to ignore your dental condition, you might not need an emergency dentist in Del City, OK. But there are ways you can know for sure.
- You have suffered severe damage to a tooth that is accompanied by significant pain.
- You have a toothache that has become excruciatingly painful.
- You have painful swelling along your jaw or in the facial area that is not getting any better.
- You have one or more teeth that have become loose.
- You lost a tooth after suffering trauma to your mouth.
- You are bleeding from the mouth. (If the bleeding is severe and you cannot get it to stop, you might want to go straight to the emergency room to be evaluated.)
Most of these situations mean you should seek dental care immediately.
If you have suffered a trauma and think your jaw might be broken, you should go to the emergency room immediately.
If you are ever unsure, just give us a call and we can advise you over the phone as to whether you need to be seen right away or if it can wait.